Welcome to EYFS!
In our EYFS unit, our Nursery and Reception children acquire and develop their skills alongside each other. Our day is timetabled to give children time within their learning base to access a range of different activities to specifically designed to challenge and enhance their learning and enabling them to fulfil their potential. This learning may take place independently, in a small group or a large group and is underpinned by The Early Years Framework (2014). Within the Framework, seven areas of learning and development are outlined. All areas of learning and development are important and interconnected. Three areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive. These three areas, the prime areas, are:
- Communication and language;
- Physical development;
- Personal, social and emotional development.
The prime areas are essential for healthy development and future learning. Learning in the Prime areas are further strengthened by learning in specific areas. The specific areas are:
- Understanding the World;
- Expressive arts and design.
- Miss Catherine Hall – Early Years Teacher/Leader
- Mrs Carole Patterson – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Miss Demi Mould – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Lisa Croft – Teaching Assistant
- Miss Lucy Allum – Teaching Assistant
Termly Information 2018 – 2019:
- 2018 -2019 Summer Term EYFS parent/carer information
- 2018-2019 Spring Term EYFS parent/carer information
- 2018 -2019 Autumn Term EYFS parent/carer information
Termly Information 2017 – 2018:
- 2017 – 2018 Summer Term EYFS parent/carer information
- 2017 – 2018 Spring Term EYFS parent/carer information
- 2017- 2018 Autumn Term EYFS parent/carer information
Home Learning 2018 – 2019:
Home Learning 2017 – 2018:
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.