An Individual Education Plan (IEP) / Pupil Profile says what the school, the class teacher and the SENCO plan to do to help your child learn. All teachers should be aware that children learn in different ways. Some need to work at a slower pace to ensure they fully understand one thing before they move onto something new.
An Individual Education Plan / Pupil Profile will be written especially for your child. It should include:
- Short term targets for your child which are linked to their needs
- Details of any extra support your child will get
- Who will give your child help
- How often your child will get help
- How and when the school will look at your child’s progress again
It is good practice for schools to share copies of Individual Education Plans / Pupil Profiles with parents / carers.