If your child is receiving School Action Plus level of support these are some of the things you can expect from our school:
- Continuation of all help your child receives at School Action
- Teachers, teaching assistants and the SENCO will continue to work together to find ways to support your child in school
- The school should seek additional advice from outside specialists such as health professionals, specialist teachers or educational psychologists who would:
- Carry out further assessment of your child’s needs
- Provide advice to schools on how to best support your child
- Suggest resources that would help your child make progress
- You should be involved in discussing targets for your child (Individual Education Plan / Pupil Profile
- Your views will be important in planning for your child’s education. Progress will be reviewed at Parents’ Evenings, IEP/ Pupil Profile meetings or during review meetings with the school SENCO.
This extra support may be enough to support your child with any difficulties sufficiently to ensure that progress can be made in school.
A very small number of children (about 2%) may need further support and the school may suggest applying for a Statutory Assessment