Welcome to EYFS!
In our EYFS unit, our Nursery and Reception children acquire and develop their skills alongside each other. Our day is timetabled to give children time within their learning base to access a range of different activities to specifically designed to challenge and enhance their learning and enabling them to fulfil their potential. This learning may take place independently, in a small group or a large group and is underpinned by The Early Years Framework (2014). Within the Framework, seven areas of learning and development are outlined. All areas of learning and development are important and interconnected. Three areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive. These three areas, the prime areas, are:
- Communication and language;
- Physical development;
- Personal, social and emotional development.
The prime areas are essential for healthy development and future learning. Learning in the Prime areas are further strengthened by learning in specific areas. The specific areas are:
- Understanding the World;
- Expressive arts and design.
- Catherine Hall – Early Years Teacher (Reception)/Leader
- Jennifer Storey – Early Years Teacher (Nursery)
- Carole Patterson – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Joanne Hird – Teaching Assistant
- Corey Turner – Teaching Assistant
- Scarlett Patterson – Teaching Assistant
- Chelsea Lyon – Teaching Assistant
P.E. days are on Mondays and Thursdays. We ask that children come into school in their P.E. kits on these days.
2021 – 2022 – Termly information
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.