Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Team
At Peases West Primary School we have a team of people to oversee and support the delivery of SEND provision. The team is headed by our Lead for SEND, Mrs Alison Johnson and our SEND Governor, Mrs Sandra Dodds . Within the team, we have a Special Educational Needs Coordinarors (SENCO), Miss Catherine Hall. In addition to our SENCOs, we have a Learning Mentor, Mrs Diane Cowper, who provides extensive support to families on a variety of issues.
The role of the SENCO is to:
1. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
2. Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
3. Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
4. Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
5. Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
6. Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
7. Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
8. Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on (01388) 762380 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss our Local Offer in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.